Matthew D. Scott
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Elder Law
- Long-Term Care And Medi-Cal Planning
- Probate And Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
Matt founded MDSLaw in 2011. He and his team focus entirely on helping families and business owners to plan their futures. Working in close collaboration with a trusted network of financial advisers, accountants, bankers and real estate professionals, Matt delivers high-quality legal services in a no-nonsense fashion. He has prepared well over 1,500 estate plans, from simple to complex, for clients located throughout California.
A vigorous advocate of alternative dispute resolution, Matt has received specialized training in negotiations and settlements and completed over 40 hours of formal mediation instruction. He prefers to assist parties in resolving their differences outside the courtroom. In fact, he has never referred a case to trial attorneys for resolution, always resolving the case in-house through mediation and other alternatives to court trials.
Prior to law school, Matt received a Bachelor of Music degree with emphasis in Vocal Performance at Brigham Young University. He has sung in multiple countries and in a dozen languages, including an appearance at Carnegie Hall. He has released two solo albums under his own label.
Mr. Scott also holds FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses, as well as life, accident, and health with annuities and long-term care licenses in California, Colorado, Ohio, and West Virginia. His firm views each client situation from a wider lens and thus is able to offer a full range of insurance, investment, and financial planning solutions to his clients, alongside his legal practice. Not only is this one-stop solution convenient and more secure for clients, Matt believes this approach produces higher quality results as well.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Major: Music w/Emphasis in Vocal Performance
- California, 2011
- Best Probate Lawyers in Elk Grove - Expertise.com
- Top Three Estate Planning Lawyers Elk Grove - Threebestrated.com
- Lead Counsel Rated Attorney
Classes & Seminars
- Seniors In The Know, Lyon Realty, Elk Grove, CA, 2014 to 2017
- Plan Your Future Now, Assisted Living Roseville, 2016 to Present
- The Golden State Report, KTKZ FM 105.5 - The Money Station , 2016 to Present
- David E. Stone, MBA, CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®, CBEC®, CRPC®
- Stone Consulting Group, Partner - Insurance, Investments, Financial Planning, Wealth Management
- FINRA licensed: Series 7, 66
- Life, Accident, and Health licenses with additional credentials in long-term care and annuities in CA, CO, OH, and WV
- Notary public in CA
Current Employment Position
- Sole Proprietor Attorney