At Law Office of Matthew D. Scott, we understand that the legal process can be confusing and intimidating. That is why we are committed to helping you understand your options and make the best possible decisions for your family.
Planning your future does not have to be overly expensive, time-consuming, or complicated – there is a better way!
We have assisted hundreds of families from Elk Grove to Sacramento, Stockton, Roseville, Bay Area and Los Angeles. We can help you to gain the peace of mind that comes with having a plan that is tailored to your needs and budget.
Call us now for a FREE 30-minute consultation.
Now offering 2 office locations to serve you: in Elk Grove and in Roseville!
What We Do
Located in Elk Grove, California, our practice is all about planning. Whether you have questions about how to pass on your wealth, how to provide for your family while disabled, or how to plan a successful and happy family life, our expertise can benefit you.
- Estate Planning: We help individuals, couples, business owners and families to create comprehensive estate plans. These plans may include wills, trusts, powers of attorney, advance health care directives, deed transfers, assignments of business interests, and certifications or abstracts of trust.
- We have made the process easier than ever by providing you with an Estate Planning Questionnaire online! Feel free to click the preceding link and complete the form. Your information will be transmitted confidentially to the attorney.
- Special Needs Trusts: do you have a disabled family member? Special planning tools exist to provide for them while preserving eligibility for important benefits such as Medi-Cal and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Elder Law and Medi-Cal Planning: an array of techniques (including irrevocable trusts, gift strategies, and asset class transfers) to qualify for Medi-Cal with a shorter period of ineligibility, no “spending down”, lighter burdens on the estate administrator, and greatly reduced likelihood of claims for recovery of benefits paid by the State of California.
- Conservatorship and Guardianship proceedings
- Trust and Estate Administration, probate, and simplified succession proceedings (e.g. petition to succeed to real and personal property valued at less than $150,000)
- Trust and Estate Litigation (disputes between trustees and beneficiaries, or administrators and heirs)
- Advice and Assistance with Business Entity Formation, including Sole Proprietorship, Limited Liability Company (LLC), or S-corp. Click here to see the California Secretary of State website and learn what is required to form a business in California.
- Advice and Assistance with post-disability income replacement and health care benefits such as State Disability Insurance, Medi-Cal, Covered California, and Medicare.
Matthew D. Scott is an approved attorney provider in the ARAG® Legal Network.