We take the pain out of the plan.
At the Law Office of Matthew D. Scott, we understand that the legal process can be confusing and intimidating. That is why we are committed to helping you understand your options and make the best possible decisions for your family.
Planning your future does not have to be overly expensive, time-consuming, or complicated – there is a better way!
We have assisted hundreds of families from Elk Grove to Sacramento, Stockton, Roseville, Bay Area and Los Angeles. We can help you to gain the peace of mind that comes with having a plan that is tailored to your needs and budget.
Call now for a FREE 30-minute consultation: 916.509.7262
What We Do
Located in Elk Grove, California, our practice is all about planning. Whether you have questions about how to pass on your wealth, how to provide for your family while disabled, or how to plan a successful and happy family life, our expertise can benefit you.
- Estate Planning: We help clients create wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, deed transfers; as well as estate & trust administration, probate, conservatorship & guardianship
- Trust and estate administration, probate, and simplified succession proceedings (e.g. petition to succeed to real property valued less than $150,000)
- Trust and probate litigation (disputes between trustees and beneficiaries, or administrators and heirs)
- Advice and assistance with business entity formation, including sole proprietorship, Limited Liability Company (LLC), or S-corp. Click here to see the California Secretary of State website and learn what is required to form a business in California.
- Social Security Disability: appealing denials of benefits at administrative law judge level
- Advice and assistance with post-disability income replacement and health care benefits such as State Disability Insurance, Medi-Cal, Covered California, and Medicare.
- Family Matters: pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, legal name changes, post-divorce/parentage custody and support agreements, legal separation agreements and marital settlement agreements (no contested divorce or child support matters)
Read our Blog! Sacramento Estate Planning